Mini Onion Bacon Pies
Here is what you’ll need!
MINI ONION BACON PIES
Serves: 6 (makes 6 Pies)
1 9-inch pie crust
3 cups onions, sliced
2 cups pumpkin (or butternut squash)
½ pound bacon
¼ teaspoon ground sage
Oil for frying
½ cup sour cream
¼ cup milk
Salt, to taste
Pepper, to taste
1 egg for egg wash
1. Preheat oven to 325˚F/170˚C.
2. Saute bacon in a medium-sized frying pan. Add squash and onion, until the onions are translucent and the squash golden brown. Season with sage, salt, and pepper. Set aside to cool.
3. Roll out pie crust into an even thin layer. With a 6-inch diameter bowl, cut out 6 circles. Fill a 6-cup cupcake tin with the cutouts.
4. Mix eggs, sour cream, and milk. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Add the onion-pumpkin-bacon mixture into the cups.
6. Carefully pour egg mixture into every cup. Decorate pies with leftover pie crust, if desired.
7. Cover edges and decoration with egg wash.
8. Bake for 40 minutes or until egg mixture is cooked through and crust is golden brown. (Cover top with aluminum foil for the last 10 minutes if decoration gets too dark.)
Check us out on Facebook! – facebook.com/buzzfeedtasty
Licensed via Audio Network
Made by BFMP www.buzzfeed.com/videoteam.